Protocol for Online Project Plan
Every participant in the School2Home Online Professional Development Plan must develop a project that they present in one their classes. The project must be a minimum of one class period long.
The project can be of a pragmatic/skills development nature but all teachers are encouraged to think about finding a pressing need that their classes have and try to find a solution that can be enhanced and supported by technology.
The International Society for Technology in Education has developed a set of standards that interlace with the Common Core State Standards. A review of those standards can help frame the development of a substantive project. A brief description of the six standards follows:
1. Creativity and innovation - Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
2. Communication and collaboration - Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
3. Research and information fluency - Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
4. Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making - Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
5. Digital citizenship - Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
6. Technology operations and concepts - Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
The Project Template can be found in the left hand navigation panel.