In fact, the folks at Flipped Learning Network recently published "12 Ways to Create Digital Learning Content:", and as of January 22, 2017, were up to #11, “Drawing Notes“ from an article by Brian Bennett.
Here's the previous 10:
- Narrating over PowerPoint
- The low-tech FIZZ method
- The web app mysimpleshow
- The “high tech” approach of using a light board (not necessarily as challenging as you might think)
- Blendspace (tool for assembling digital lesson content
- The rather unique approach of using Adobe Connect
- The good old Learning Management or Course Management system
Over time, as you would expand your repertoire of approaches for creating digital content, you might well incorporate some of these.