Module 5: Implementing Digital Pedagogy and Learning (Part I)
Module 5 focuses on helping teachers develop plans for using personalization strategies in their classrooms. Time is spent on developing an understanding of the Technological, Pedagogical, and Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework and using it to develop learning experiences for their classrooms.
During this module, teachers will be introduced to and explore the following:
- An overview of the TPACK framework.
- How to operationalize the TPACK framework.
- A 5-step planning process for using the TPACK.
- How apply the TPACK framework into their practice.
- Completion of a project for classroom use.
Once teachers have completed this module, they will know how to:
- Describe the structure and purpose of TPACK.
- Convey a strategy for how they will use TPACK to evolve their teaching practice.
- Employ the 5-step TPACK planning process.
- Select appropriate technologies that support curriculum-based learning activities.
- Develop a classroom project using the TPACK framework.
Sample Performance Indicators
- Teachers present a unit or lesson based on the TPACK to peers, explaining the interactions between content, pedagogy and framework.
- Teachers use Minecraft (or another gaming platform) to develop both content knowledge and collaboration skills.
- Students can describe the merits of using a particular technology or application to complete a classroom project.
Online Guide for Facilitators
Learning Activities for TPACK: http://activitytypes.wm.edu/index.html